For many budding technology entrepreneurs, going to business school and earning an MBA is a launching pad for their career. An MBA provides many entrepreneurs in technology with a good grasp of the latest technology, how to run their own business, not to mention plenty of access to a network of advisors, alumni, investors and possible co-founders of tech companies.
Featured Online MBA Programs
- Arizona State University – AACSB-accredited, 49 credit hrs, GMAT Required
- Ranked #5 for Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News & World Report.
- MBA in Analytics, Finance, Supply Chain, Consulting, Marketing, Entrepreneurship
- 87% of ASU graduates get job offers within 90 days.
- Southern New Hampshire University – ACBSP-accredited, 100% Online, No GMAT Required
- Choose from Over 20 MBA Specializations.
- Ranked as ‘Most Innovative University” in North by U.S. News
If you want to become a technology entrepreneur yourself, below are 5 excellent online MBA programs to consider.
#1 University of North Carolina
The online MBA at the Kenan-Flagler Business School at the University of North Carolina is a top-ranked, AACSB-accredited MBA program that can be completed in 18 to 36 months. This leading tech entrepreneur MBA program blends a world-class curriculum, faculty and resources with the total flexibility of online learning. As a student here, you will network face to face in real time with accomplished entrepreneurs, and will develop the keen insights needed to lead top businesses.
Major highlights of this online entrepreneur MBA include:
- The engaging coursework is delivered live and recorded through a variety of cutting edge, multimedia outlets. Students can use UNC’s mobile app to complete their courses at any time of day from any mobile device with an Internet connection.
- Students enjoy live, face to face classes once per week, which allows for dynamic and collaborative discussions that enrich the educational experience. No MBA classes at UNC will go over the 15:1 student to professor ratio. This means better connections between you and the faculty.
- Global immersions bring MBA students together for enriching international business learning experiences around the globe. Network in person with your fellow students and with world-class leaders.
- The alumni at this business school number more than 34,500 who work in more than 100 countries, who help current students to find and take full advantage of career options.
- 79% of students either promoted or changed jobs while in the program; 24% average salary hike after graduation and 500+ promotions or job changes since program started in 2011.
The Online MBA in Entrepreneurship track allows students with aspirations of launching their own technology companies to learn how to bring their ideas to life and grow. Courses in this two to three year program include managing innovation, corporate strategy, innovation and social entrepreneurship, new ventures discovery, business discovery and technology management.
Core courses are as follows:
- Business Communication
- Business Strategy
- Developing Management and Leadership Skills
- Financial Accounting
- Introductory Finance
- Marketing Strategy, Analysis and Development
- Operations Management
#2 Temple University
The online MBA in entrepreneurship at Temple University’s Fox School of Business allows students to fit their business education into their busy lives. All of the course content in this highly ranked MBA program is designed and delivered by elite faculty on campus. You can feel confident that you are earning the same MBA that on campus students are earning.
The online coursework is delivered with cutting-edge technology and HD, plus mobile-friendly and on demand lecture videos. All courses in the Fox Online MBA have been infused with the knowledge and skills that top technology employers have identified as being so important to a successful entrepreneurial venture.
Each of these competencies drive the Fox Business School curriculum. Key business concepts that are part of every course include financial acuity, business reasoning and opportunity response. Students also learn about influential communication, cross cultural effectiveness, opportunity response and ethical management. Further, students learn about ethical management by discerning the complex needs and interests of many stakeholders in a company.
Coursework that is required includes these topics:
- Professional development
- Design inquiry
- Management information systems
- Project management
- Enterprise management consulting
- Law and ethics
- Human capital
#3 Penn State World Campus
When you want to decide on an online MBA program in entrepreneurship, it is important to select a well ranked program with plenty of flexibility and good reputation. The Penn State online MBA from the Penn State World Campus and the Smeal College of Business offers you an elite educational experience in business and is customized to your busy schedule.
This is an AACSB-accredited MBA that focuses on business strategy, collaborative teamwork, strategic leadership and an interactive and integrative curriculum across all major areas of business. The core coursework prepares you to become a more effective entrepreneur by exposing you to the major principles of modern management. You also will develop skills that include business analytics, problem solving, how to influence others, critical thinking and cross functional business savvy.
Your core courses and entrepreneurship and innovation coursework is as follows:
- Team Performance
- Financial Accounting
- Leadership Communications
- Data Analysis for Decision Making
- Marketing in a Global Environment
- Financial Management
- Managing Supply Chains on Global Markets
- Economics for Business Strategy
- Corporate Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Business Modeling and New Venture Creation
- Emerging Trends, Technology and Corporate Innovation
A major component of this tech entrepreneur MBA is the five day residency in University Park PA at the start of the program. You will have the chance to meet your instructors and fellow students. Also, you will work on an intense team performance course while earning credit. Students also attend career management workshops, network and learn about the program’s cutting edge online technology.
#4 University of Texas at Dallas
The University of Texas at Dallas and the Naveen Jindal School of Management is pleased to offer this online MBA in Innovation and Entrepreneurship. This is one of the top entrepreneurship business degrees in the country according to Princeton Review. It also is ranked #5 by Bestcolleges.com for best online MBAs in entrepreneurship.
The unique, experienced-based curriculum features the following:
- Startup launch classes: Enables MBA students to launch companies while still getting academic credit. Students who have scalable business ideas can get up to $25,000 of funding to launch their business.
- Seed fund support course: Students perform due diligence and make investment recommendations for the seed fund at UT Dallas.
- Entrepreneurial experience class: Work with major tech companies about how to analyze new market ideas.
- Internship course: Work with a startup company or corporation and get paid while getting credit.
Your required courses in this AACSB-accredited program are:
- Startup Launch I
- Technology and New Product Development
- Managing the Emerging Enterprise
- Market Entry Strategies
- Business Model Innovation
- The Entrepreneurial Experience
- Managing Innovation Within the Corporation
#5 Southern New Hampshire University
Discover how to analyze, research and develop new business opportunities with the MBA in Entrepreneurship fro SNHU. You will study and explore new strategies and models to launch and operate technology focused businesses, and will be able to critically evaluate existing and new business opportunities.
This two year, fully online MBA is designed for the budding entrepreneur, corporate executives and current business owners. This is one of the most affordable and best quality online MBAs in the country and some students can complete it in only one year. SNHU is also ranked as one of the best online colleges fully self paced and accredited.
Students learn how to assess capital and the best venture capital opportunities; research and analyze franchising opportunities; and how to evaluate consulting arrangements, such as how to understand the expenses and challenges of starting a consulting operation.
Required classes include:
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
- Mathematics and Statistics for Business
- Economics for Business
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Business Law
- Human Behavior in Organizations
- Business Environment, Innovations and Entrepreneurship
- Accounting and Financial Analysis
- 11 Best Business Schools for Aspiring Entrepreneurs https://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/27/the-11-best-business-schools-for-aspiring-entrepreneurs.html