The following article discusses the salary and career outlook for graduates with a MBA, Graduate or Undergraduate Computer Science degree in West Virginia. Learn about the demand, salary outlook, top employers, job titles, as well as education options for campus and online Computer science degree programs for West Virginia graduates.
Computer Science Snapshot
Avg US Salary
Avg West Virginia Salary
State vs National
Total Job Postings
Min Education Level
Masters or MBA
Most Common Degree
Desired Experience Level
*Data based on job title of Software Engineer
West Virginia Computer Science Demand
There is a healthy and growing demand for Software Engineers in West Virginia.
National Computer Science Salary Outlook
The national average estimate for Software Engineer was $101,878. This number is estimated from over 57,009 salaries and job advertisements from Indeed.com. This equates to an hourly salary of $53.060 and monthly of $8,490.
- Most Reported
West Virginia Computer Science Salaries by Career
The following Computer Science career paths show the average salary derived from job postings in West Virginia.
Best Cities for Computer Science in West Virginia
The following list of West Virginia cities show the largest number of job postings for Computer Science careers:
|City||# of Employers||Average Salary|
Top West Virginia Employers for Computer Science
The following list looks at top employers in West Virginia hiring students and professionals in the Computer Science field:
|Employer Name||Average Salary|
|United Talent Staffing||$70,000|
|Robert Half Technology||$64,244|
West Virginia Campus-Based Computer Science Degrees
The following list shows the number of campus-based colleges offer Computer Science degrees throughout West Virginia:
Students in West Virginia who want to earn a computer science degree often choose the University of West Virginia Morgantown. The program educational objectives of the bachelor of science in computer science at WVU is to produce skilled graduates who are able to apply their knowledge and skills to obtain success in their computer science career in industry, research, government service or graduate study. The program expects students in the first five years after graduation to achieve a high level of success and proficiency in the computer science profession.
After graduation, all students with a bachelor’s degree in computer science will:
- Have been exposed to many programming languages and systems, and will have a high level of proficiency in at least two major computing languages.
- Have skills and knowledge regarding the basic principles and methods of formal computer languages, programming language translation and automata.
- Have an understanding of the basic principles of data structures, algorithms and discrete mathematics, and be skilled in applying this knowledge to solving problems in key computer application areas.
- Become familiar with computer organization principles, networks and operating systems.
- Have an understanding of software engineering and be skilled in designing, implementing and analyzing both complex and robust systems.
- Be skilled in computer lab procedures and understand the scientific method as it is applied in computer science and other sciences
Required courses in the bachelor of science program include:
- Introduction to Computer Applications
- Introduction to Computer Science
- Introduction to Data Structures
- File and Data Structures
- Discrete Mathematics
- Analysis of Algorithms
- Introduction to Software Engineering
The university also offers a master of science and a Ph.D. in computer science. Students who opt for the master of science can choose a concentration in computer systems, software and knowledge engineering or the theory of computation.
West Virginia Online Computer Science Degrees
The following online degree programs are available for West Virginia Computer Science students.
Disclaimer: All salary numbers and figures are will vary depending on several factors such as level of education, college/university attended, amount of experience, industry, company size and location. Sources for the above salary, employer and jobs data was aggregated through Indeed.com and BLS.gov