Abilene Christian University is a private, nonprofit educational institution that is committed to energized and transformative learning in business and management. It offers a wide selection of online business degrees that can be mostly from the comfort of your home.
A highly regarded MBA program with six concentrations available
Abilene Christian University offers a fully online Master of Business Administration or MBA that is specifically geared to prepare professionals for Christian service and leadership in positions throughout the world.
This online MBA offers advanced courses in organizational leadership, innovation, making business decisions based upon good data, faith and ethics – all of which will give you the tools to think globally and critically.
Your education can be specialized to teach you the specific tools you need for your career and/or industry:
- Business Analytics
- Healthcare Administration
- International Business
- IT Leadership
- Operations and Supply Chain Management
The MBA program has been designed specifically with the full time working professional in mind. This is a flexible, convenient and accessible program that will make you a key part of a dynamic online learning community of instructors and students. The payoffs for this degree will begin well before you graduate: You will be able to apply what you are learning in each semester-long class to your current position.
This program takes 24 months to complete and is perfect for the working professional. Each course is seven weeks in length, and students complete them one course at a time.
ACU business graduates rank #1 in employment after 3 months
A 2014 national study of graduate business programs by US News and World Report found that ACU’s College of Business Administration was ranked number one in a critical area: graduate students who find work within 90 days of earning their degree.
The US News and World Report study placed ACU’s business school ahead of Dartmouth College, Tulane University and the University of California-Davis. The US News rankings were compiled from 141 graduate business schools in the US.
This top ranking by US News and World Report shows that ACU’s business programs provide graduates with an outstanding education that leads to paying employment soon after graduation. It also shows that an ACU degree is recognized by employers as an excellent business education.
Online Master of Science in Management also available
For students who want to focus their education specifically on learning advanced principles of management, you can choose the university’s online Master of Science in Management. You will be able to add advanced understanding of business management to the skills that you already have.
You will be able to increase your future business management prospects by taking challenging courses in marketing, business analytics, healthcare administration and related fields.
This management degree also is available with the same concentrations as the MBA. Thus you can focus your management skills on the specific business area where you are spending your career.
Online business programs are AACSB accredited
One of the most important parts of earning any university degree today is accreditation. The goal of accreditation is to make sure that education that is provided by universities has meet a high standard of quality. Accreditation means that universities are accountable for providing students with quality degrees.
Learn more about AACSB vs ACBSP for Online MBA Accreditation
Abilene Christian University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. This means that the entire university has meet high quality standards so that it may award bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees.
Also, the College of Business Administration at ACU has been accredited by the highly respected Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business or AACSB International. This organization is recognized as the most respected accreditation body for accrediting business and business management programs.
AACSB accreditation represents the highest level of excellence in business education, and has been earned by fewer than 5% of the business programs in the world. In fact, ACU is one of just nine private colleges in Texas that are accredited by the AACSB.
Least Favorite Features
No online bachelor’s degrees available
Online programs currently are only offered for master’s degree and doctoral degree students. If you want to earn a bachelor’s degree at ACU, you will need to visit the campus to do so. The university does offer a few online certificates, such as in conflict resolution.
No online accounting or finance degrees
ACU also does not offer any online degrees in accounting or finance, which are two of the most popular business-related majors. Business related degrees are limited to business administration and management.
Short on time? See Online MBA Degrees with a GMAT Waiver
Asynchronous online MBA delivery only
This program delivers its online MBA material only through recorded audio and video. This type of delivery can work well for the busy professional who needs to earn their degree on his or her own schedule. However, it allows for less interaction with fellow classmates and professors. Some students find that asynchronous learning, while convenient, is too isolating. Some students find that the interaction with a cohort of fellow students to be more interesting and stimulating.
Whether asynchronous learning will work for you will depend upon your learning style and preferences.
- Founded in 1906
- Application deadline: Feb. 15; rolling for online MBA
- Application fee: $50
- School type: Private
- Term Schedule: Semester
- Location: Abilene, TX
- Student-faculty ratio: 14:1
- 45% of classes with fewer than 20 students
Tuition Rates (Per Credit)
- MBA – $726 in state/out of state
- MS Management – $726 in state/out of state
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Science in Management
- Business Analytics MBA degree
- Healthcare Administration MBA degree
- International Business MBA degree
- IT Leadership MBA degree
- Operations and Supply Chain Management MBA degree
- Marketing MBA degree
- See Best MBA Concentrations
- Certificate in Conflict Resolution
- 4,544 students
- 67% white; 14.1% Hispanic; 8.1% black or African American/ 1% Asian
- 60 online MBA students
- 3,760 undergraduates
- 784 graduates
- 50% freshman acceptance rate (undergraduate)
- 41% 4 year graduation rate
- 98% receive financial aid from ACU
- Students from 51 states and territories, and 41 nations
- 253 full time faculty
- 4% full time male faculty
- 6% full time female faculty
- 93% hold highest degree in their field
Graduation and Retention Rates
- 1 year new student retention rate (2015): 75% (compared to 70.9% national average)
- Graduation rate within three to six years: 62.3% (compared to 48% national average)
- Graduation rate within four years: 45% (compared to 34% national average)
US News Rankings
- Freshman retention rate: 77%
- Regional universities – West: 18
- Best colleges for veterans: 10
- Best value schools: 12
- Most likely to lead to employment within 3 months (MBA): 1
- One of the Best in the West – Princeton Review
- One of America’s Top Colleges – Forbes Magazine
- 2016 Military Friendly School
- #2 Most Innovative in the West – US News and World Report
- America’s 100 Best College Buys for 13 straight years
Related MBA Reviews