Colorado State University is a public university based in Ft. Collins, Colorado that was first founded in 1870. It became the first land grant college in the state in 1879. Today the university’s College of Business is ranked in the top 20% of public universities, and it features an excellent online professional MBA that you can earn while working full time.
Online MBA program is ranked #19 worldwide by Financial Times
Colorado State University offers a very highly rated online MBA that can be completed in just 21 months full time. In 2017, it was ranked as the #19 online MBA program in the world, and #12 in the US by Financial Times.
This top 20 global ranking by such a prestigious organization indicates the very high quality of the program. It also shows that the Colorado State MBA is a major value, considering its relatively low cost, when one considers the salary increases and promotions that past graduates have enjoyed.
Some of the factors that led Financial Times to rank this MBA program so highly include:
- Career progress
- Online delivery quality
- Diversity of the program
- Program value
- Average completion time (three years)
- Idea generation
Financial Times ranked CSU’s MBA online MBA program #8 in terms of value, with graduates boosting their salary by 23% on average.
Online MBA is accredited by AACSB International
It is very important that your university and MBA program be accredited by highly respected accreditation bodies. Accreditation serves two major purposes:
- It assures you that your university and MBA program are of high quality. Thus, you can be confident that you are spending your time and money on an education that will be recognized in the business world as quality. This is especially important for an online MBA program.
- It assures your employer or future employer that your graduate education met high quality standards. It also lets them know that your MBA degree has taught you essential principles of business management so that you are highly likely to be successful in your future business endeavors.
Colorado State University is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, which is recognized as an accreditation body for western universities and colleges by the Department of Education.
Additionally, CSU’s MBA program has been accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, or AACSB International. AACSB is recognized as a global leader in business school accreditation; fewer than 5% of business programs in the world have AACSB accreditation.
Variety of Degree Completion Plans – from 2 to 4.5 years
MBA students come from all walks of life and ages. Some are recent undergraduates with limited business experience, while others are older business professionals with five, 10 or more years of experience.
Some students will be able to attend online MBA school full time and may be able to complete their degree in two years or less. Others work full or part time and may take three, four or up to 4.5 years to complete their MBA
CSU has you covered. CSU MBA students often complete their degrees on very different schedules. The business school has at least six common degree completion schedules. Your academic advisor will work with you to determine which schedule will fit your needs best. If needed, your academic advisor can work with you to customize a degree completion schedule to fit your needs.
This flexibility also is extended to the number of entry points for the program each year – five. Some online MBA programs have only one or two start times per year.
Strong Career Development Resources
The College of Business at CSU is set up to help you succeed after you graduate. Career counselors are available at the Career Management Center who can work with both campus and online students. They assist from everything from career exploration, to building a resume, to finding a job or internship.
According to its published statistics, 90% of business school graduates (undergraduate and graduate) get a job offer within three months of graduation.
Least Favorite Features
No other online business degrees offered
While CSU does offer a robust number of online degrees for undergraduate and graduate students, it has a rather limited number of online business degrees. In fact, the only online business degree it currently offers is its excellent online MBA.
If you want to attain further business education at Colorado State, you will need to attend the campus in Fort Collins or Pueblo, Colorado.
Only asynchronous classes offered
CSU’s MBA program is geared towards busy students and professionals who need to take classes on their own schedule. It is for that reason that their online MBA program features recorded lectures that you may view at any time. This is known as an asynchronous format.
The asynchronous format is ideal for those who need to take their classes at their own time and pace. But an asynchronous MBA format is not for everyone. Some students realize more benefits from their MBA program by taking classes live with other students online. This can allow for camaraderie to develop more naturally. Also, a synchronous class schedule can allow for more effective networking.
Some students also find that taking classes on their own isolates them and can make completing classes more difficult. Taking classes on your own requires a high degree of self discipline.
- Founded in 1870
- Application fee: $60
- Application deadline: July 1
- School type: Public
- Term schedule: Semester
- Location: Ft. Collins, CO
- Student-faculty ratio: 17:1
Tuition Rates (Per Credit)
- Online MBA – $946 in state/out of state
- 17:1 student to faculty ratio
- 51% female, 49% male
- 130 of 135 part time MBA students were accepted in 2015
- 88 of 123 full time MBA students were accepted in 2015
- 77% of students receive financial aid
- 202 online graduate business enrolled
- $45,000 average salary for all graduates
- 6% of undergraduate freshmen return for sophomore year
- 6% of all graduates finish in 4.5 years or less
- 81% acceptance rate for undergraduate and graduate students
Graduation and Retention Rates
- 85% of undergraduate freshmen return – higher than the national average of 70.9%
- 2% of undergraduates finish within four years
- 8% of students did not graduate within 150% of the expected time
US News Rankings
- National universities: 129
- Best colleges for veterans: 86
- High school counselor ranking: 117
- Top public schools: 61
- Online MBA ranked #19 by Financial Times worldwide