Juan R. Jaramillo, MSBA Academic Director at Adelphi University joins us today to discuss their Masters in Business Analytics program.
1. Can you tell us about the business analytics program offered at Adelphi University? *
Adelphi STEM MSBA is a 10 course (30 credits) program that prepares our students to extract value from data by applying state-of the-art tools and techniques leading to smart information-driven decision-making that make a difference in their organizations and communities. Our program produces highly competitive Data-Scientists equipped with the foundations, leadership and communication skills required to succeed in their professional careers
2. Is the GMAT & GRE required for acceptance into the program? Do international students have the same requirement? *
GMAT or GRE is a requirement. There is no minimum, but the score is used in conjunction with a GPA and a short video essay to evaluate the candidate.
3. How long does a typical business analytics program take at Adelphi University? What is the maximum and minimum time of completion? *
Full time students complete the program in one year. Part time students will invest two years or more depending on the number of credits taken each semester.
4. What do you think makes the Adelphi University business analytics program stand out from other programs offered by similar schools in your region? *
We use an innovative teaching approach that integrates real-data from multiple sources, expert guest lectures, and faculty guidance in a hands-on-work learning community environment.
5. How important would you say accreditation is when choosing a business analytics program? *
AACSB accreditation is extremely important. Adelphi University Robert Willumstad School of Business has been AACSB accredited since 2007. That means that the school belongs to a select group of higher education institutions that meet the most stringent standards for business education.
6. What are the advantages of earning a business analytics degree in general and where are you seeing employer demand with this degree? *
The demand of Business Analytics experts has grown exponentially in the last years. Graduates from our program have access to the best jobs in the market.
7. Does Adelphi University offer job placement for students who graduate with a business analytics degree? *
The Center for Career and Professional Development at Adelphi University assists students and alumni to develop their careers. That includes resume and interview preparations as well as on-campus recruitment. The Center has been recognized Colleges of Distinction organization as a 2019–2020 Career Development College for its exceptional work.
8. What type of financial aid packages are available for students in business analytics? Are there any fellowships, grants, and scholarships available? *
Adelphi University has different aid packages that can be found in the University’s website. In addition, there are Graduate Assistantships that are available to our students as well as internal positions.
9. Do you have any advice for students enrolling in a business analytics program at your Adelphi University? *
Be ready to be part of an exciting community of students, faculty, and friends that will push you to give your best and become a top Data Scientist.
10. What do you enjoy most about your position at Adelphi University? *
Adelphi is a vibrant community of students, staff, and faculty focused in learning the set of skills that will be required by the jobs of the future. Adelphi provides an excellent environment that encourages innovation with the understanding that not all ideas succeed. For us, failure is just an intermediate step in the road to success.
For more information on the business analytics programs offered at Adelphi University, visit them online.
Thank you for sharing and participating in this piece.
That concludes our interview!