Murali Shanker, Ph.D, Professor, at Kent State University, joins us today to discuss their Masters in Business Analytics program.<!- mfunc feat_school ->
Kent State University is a public research university in Kent, Ohio. The university also includes seven regional campuses in Northeast Ohio and additional facilities in the region and internationally.
1. Can you tell us about the business analytics program offered at Kent State University? *
We offer a 30 credit, one-year program that is geared towards producing students who will excel in the marketplace.
2. Is the GMAT & GRE required for acceptance into the program? Do international students have the same requirement? *
Yes, unless applicants have multi-year work experience, in which case we can waive GRE/GMAT. For those requiring GRE/GMAT, we don’t have any prescribed minimum score, though, obviously, the higher the better.
3. How long does a typical business analytics program take at Kent State University? What is the maximum and minimum time of completion? *
One academic year.
4. What do you think makes Kent State University business analytics program stand out from other programs offered by similar schools in your region? *
Quality of the faculty, the focus, student preparation, and support.
5. How important would you say accreditation is when choosing a business analytics program? *
It is relatively important, though accreditation is in the early stages for such programs.
6. What are the advantages of earning a business analytics degree in general and where are you seeing employer demand with this degree? *
There is significant growth in this area, and employment opportunities are likely to remain robust for the near future.
7. Does Kent State University offer job placement for students who graduate with a business analytics degree? *
Yes. We have a career office dedicated to just business students.
8. What type of financial aid packages are available for students in business analytics? Are there any fellowships, grants, and scholarships available? *
We offer several types of financial aid from a direct grant, to working as a teaching assistant.
9. Do you have any advice for students enrolling in a business analytics program at Kent State University? *
Our faculty are heavily involved in the growth of the students. I would advise them to avail of this opportunity to answer any questions they may have.
10. What do you enjoy most about your position at Kent State University? *
Teaching, and interaction with my colleagues in the analytics program.
For more information on the business analytics programs offered at Kent State University, visit them online.
Thank you for sharing and participating in this piece.
That concludes our interview!