Unemployment is very low in the United States, and the economy overall is strong. There is strong demand in the business and financial sectors for workers; the Bureau of Labor Statistics reports job demand in the business and financial fields overall will increase by 10% by 2026, with 773,000 jobs added.<!- mfunc feat_school ->
Benefits of a Online Bachelors Degree
To make yourself more competitive, consider getting an online bachelor’s degree from one of the following top universities.
#1 Arizona State University
Arizona State University has a very strong online degree program presence and is recognized as one of the top providers of online university education in the world. In fact, in 2016, ASU and the W.P. Carey School of Business was recognized as one of the most prestigious universities in the country by Times Higher Education. ASU also is ranked by US News and World Report as the most innovative university in the country, as well as one of the best graduate schools in the US by US News.
Available online bachelor’s degree programs in business and related fields are:
- Bachelor of Business Administration: This Bachelor of Arts in Business with a concentration in business administration will provide you with a wide breadth of knowledge and skills that are critical to manage business operations: forecasting demand; planning inventory; purchasing services; and conducting skillful negotiations.
- Bachelor of Arts in Corporate Accounting: This online degree will prepare you for an entry level and mid level career in management accounting. You will take courses in intermediate accounting for corporate accountants; management accounting; governance, risk and compliance; financial statement analysis; and taxes for corporate accountants.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Data Analytics: This online business degree will prepare you with the knowledge, skills and experience to manage and create big data initiatives and also the related business processes to facilitate large scale business data analytics in all types of companies. Focuses on implementing data gathering; cleansing, integration and modeling tasks and also data asset analysis.
- Bachelor of Science in Management: The curriculum is focused on global economy fundamentals; the world of e business; HR; strategic management and ethics. Theories and concepts of ethical leadership and management will be enhanced by experiencing and testing the concepts in exercises, case discussions and real world project work.
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Operations: Provides you with the skills you need to succeed as a manager, such as organizing, motivating and hiring others and resource development. Also features critical knowledge in management, leadership, communications and critical thinking.
#2 Penn State World Campus
Penn State World Campus first opened its virtual doors in 1998, when taking courses online was still a new idea. While there are many competitors to consider in online business education today, the Penn State degree is associated with very high quality. Your online bachelor’s degree will say ‘Penn State’ only and does not mention that the degree was earned online. Penn State has been ranked #1 in the country for preparing the best and most well rounded graduates, according to The Wall Street Journal.
Available online bachelor’s degree programs in business and related fields at Penn State World Campus are:
- Bachelor of Science in Business: This online program integrates a theory to practice approach that will enhance your problem solving skills, while giving you a business education experience that is relevant and contemporary. Focus is on maximizing marketing strategies; thinking, speaking and writing about organizational issues; and analyzing business data to solve complex business problems.
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting: This highly respected online degree is accredited by the AACSB, as are all business programs at Penn State. The curriculum can serve as a basis for earning your CPA credential, as well as other certifications such as Certified Management Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Fraud Examiner and Chartered Global Management Accountant.
- Bachelor of Science in Finance: You will develop a solid understanding of the basic principles of finance, such as capital management, investment and portfolio management, financial institutions and personal finance. Many graduates pursue careers in financial analysis, security analysis, banking and corporate finance.
- Bachelor of Science in Health Policy and Administration: This online bachelor’s degree will give you the skills and knowledge to understand the complex issues involved in the modern healthcare delivery system. Your courses will be taken from the highly respected Department of Health Policy and Administration.
- Bachelor of Arts in Organizational Leadership: If you desire a practical, online bachelor’s program that provides an evidence based approach to organizational leadership, this could be a great choice. You will learn how to develop your leadership skills, broaden your professional horizons and better prepare for the challenges you will face in many leadership roles across industries.
#3 Purdue Global University
Purdue University is a highly respected college that merged recently with Kaplan University to offer a wide variety of online bachelor’s and master’s programs. All graduates of Purdue Global University are earning an esteemed and respected degree with the Purdue University name on it. Their online degree programs feature the unique ExcelTrack that allows students to use their work and professional experience to earn their degree faster and for less money.
Available online bachelor’s degree programs in business and related fields at Purdue Global University include:
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration: This popular degree will prepare you for a variety of business career opportunities, while giving you the communication skills, critical thinking abilities and technical competencies you need to succeed in the global marketplace. You can move onto an accelerated MBA program after completing this BS if you like.
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting: This degree will prepare you for an entry level or mid level accounting position, with concentrations in managerial accounting, auditing and forensic accounting, public accountancy and tax accountancy.
- Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity: This important undergraduate program will help you to master all of the fundamentals of cybersecurity so that you can be a key team member in solving cybersecurity problems in your organization. Covers system security, secure information systems, security trends and practices.
- Bachelor of Science of Finance: This degree will help you to gain the technical skills and knowledge you need in many financial disciplines, and to also get a better understanding of the factors that influence financial decisions for companies of all sizes and in a variety of industries. Covers financial statements and ratios, investment and financial risk and financial theories and practices.
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology: This bachelor’s degree will prepare you for a career in IT by giving you a working knowledge of IT concepts, tools, and methods, as well as an understanding of the technologies you need to design effective information design systems.
#4 Liberty University
Liberty University has been a leader in online bachelor’s and master’s programs for many years. Students who attend the online version of Liberty have the opportunity to earn a fully accredited degree online while continuing to work on a full time basis. This university is a non profit and its online programs are ranked in the top five of more than 2000 online universities and colleges for quality, affordability and accessibility.
Available online bachelor’s degree programs in business and related fields at Liberty University are:
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration: The most popular online bachelor’s degree is available in many concentrations, such as finance, financial planning, HR management, international business, leadership, project management and marketing analytics.
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting: This online degree program will provide you with skills in accounting that will make you highly employable in this critical field. No matter if you want to work in public or private accounting, you will develop the skills you need in accounting ethics, taxation, government and nonprofit accounting and international business.
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Administration: This online degree program will prepare you for exciting business management opportunities in healthcare management for all types of healthcare facilities. Core content will cover financial accounting in healthcare, legal and ethical issues in healthcare, economics and principles of biostatistics and epidemiology.
- Bachelor of Science in Public Administration: This online degree gives you the skills and knowledge you need to communicate and delegate effectively in public services administration and implementing public policy, as well as how to address a variety of challenges in the government and nonprofit sectors. Covers HR management, public finance and budgeting, legal and political issues and leadership and community engagement.
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Informatics: Graduates of this online bachelor’s program are provided with the skills they need to work in the high demand world of healthcare business informatics. Classes include foundation of pharmacology, healthcare informatics, healthcare coding and classification, and healthcare enterprise systems.
#5 Southern New Hampshire University
Southern New Hampshire University is a highly respected and accredited online provider of many bachelor’s programs, as well as some on campus options. It features more than 100 online bachelor’s programs that can fit a full time working professional’s schedule and goals.
Available online bachelor’s degree programs in business and related fields at SNHU are:
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting: This online accounting degree will teach you to solve complex business problems by assisting organizations in managing their finances. Required courses are cost accounting, intermediate accounting I, II, and III, and financial statement analysis.
- Bachelor of Science in Finance: Do you like to perform analysis and apply strategy to complex business situations? Then you may want to earn this online finance degree. Courses are in personal financial planning, corporate finance, financial markets, corporate finance and fundamentals of investments.
- Bachelor of Science in Entrepreneurship: Discover how to apply accounting, finance HR and management and marketing knowledge to a start up organization with this bachelor’s degree. Required courses include business law, principles of management, small business management and business plan preparation.
- Bachelor of Science in International Business: Make a strong impression in the global marketplace with the business skills and knowledge you will learn in this online degree program. Develop a complete understanding of political, financial, marketing and management systems that drive international business.
- Bachelor of Science in Project Management: You will develop the fundamental skills, knowledge and dispositions needed to meet your organization’s requirements for planning, implementing and assessing business projects. Topics include management of demand forecasting, production planning, inventory control and logistics.