If you have been considering an online MBA, you are far from alone. Many online MBA programs today match the quality and rigor of their campus-based counterparts. And depending upon your situation, you might even be better off with an online MBA. The Princeton Review states the following reasons for opting for your online business management master’s degree:<!- mfunc feat_school ->
- Flexible: Many programs offer 100% online coursework with no campus visits needed. Some also have all of their classes recorded so you can view when you have time.
- Affordable: Many online MBAs are very affordable, with some costing $25,000 or less.
- Technology access: Many programs offer cutting edge online software for take courses, such as Adobe and ANGEL, which are making online learning more dynamic than ever.
- Diverse: Students can attend from all over the country and world, bringing a wide range of viewpoints and backgrounds to the programs.
- Global: Being online means being able to attract students from around the world. Plus, some programs have global immersion opportunities once or so per year, giving many students the chance to experience major international business centers.
The state of Florida is one that has many awesome online MBA opportunities for students.
6 of the best online MBAs in Florida are:
#1 University of Florida
The University of Florida online MBA program was one of the first schools in the country to offer an accredited, online MBA. Now the UF MBA has been recognized as one of the best in the world according to Financial Times and US News and World Report.
Online MBA students at UF’s Warrington College of Business come from around the world and from many organizations, including Fortune 500 businesses, government agencies, nonprofits and more. Class size for all online courses is limited to only 65 students to ensure the best possible quality of interaction between students and professors.
This program comes with three delivery options:
- Fully online program that does not require any campus visits. Can be completed in two years.
- Hybrid one year that can be completed in 16 months; requires students to have an undergraduate business degree in the past seven years.
- Hybrid two year that is open to any undergraduate major who has been working for more than seven years.
Courses include managerial and financial accounting, micro and macro economics, principles of marketing, principles of management, and operations and supply chain management. All online MBA programs have been accredited by the AACSB.
#2 Florida State University
The online MBA from the Florida State University College of Business will give you the expertise, skills and professional network you need to advance in the 21st century business world. This program is designed for the experienced business professional who wants to earn their degree fully online.
All MBA classes are taught by the highly respected College of Business faculty who provide students with a high level of personal attention. The program is based in the state capital of Tallahassee, so there is ample access to some of the state’s top businesses and government regulators. This AACSB-accredited program has been rated as a top online MBA by US News and World Report for 2018, ranking as #16 across the country. It also has been ranked as a top online program for military veterans by US News and World Report.
Students are able to hone their business management skills from home while collaborating with highly accomplished peers in an environment that stresses creativity and rewards smart problem solving in a progressive business environment. You will take courses that are highly recognized business and educational leaders. The program can be completed in seven semesters full time.
Available online specialties include management information systems, risk management and insurance and real estate. Students also can take the campus based MBA program and select MBA concentrations in accounting, analytics, finance, supply chain management and human resources management.
Core classes are:
- Financial Accounting Theory and Standard Setting
- Financial Reporting and Managerial Control
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Advanced Management Accounting
- Economic Policy for Managers
- Investment Management and Analysis
- Multinational Financial Management
#3 Florida Atlantic University
Florida Atlantic University’s College of Business offers a fully online MBA that was recently ranked as #1 in Florida and #5 in the US by US News and World Report in terms of student ROI. It also was rated as one of the best in the country in terms of average salary to debt ratio.
This program may be completed in 23 months and is accredited by the AACSB. You can be confident this is a highly regarded MBA that employers will recognize as a solid business education degree.
The program has starts available in May, August and January, with 40-46 credits required, and a team based, cohort format. This means you will progress through the program with a class of your peers, rather than individually. The courses are in asynchronous format however, so you can attend courses whenever your schedule allows.
Required courses include:
- Financial Accounting Concepts
- Corporate Financial Management
- Communication Skills for Business Professionals
- Leadership and Executive Forum (1 credit)
- Global Environment of Management
- Advanced Analysis of Accounting Data
- Marketing Management in a Global Environment
- Advanced Financial Management
- Management of Information Systems and Technology
- Operations Management
#4 University of West Florida
The University of West Florida has an AACSB-accredited, online MBA that will develop your business management skills, problem solving abilities, and the capacity to make strong business decisions. Available concentrations include:
- Accounting MBA
- Entrepreneurship MBA
- Business analytics MBA
- Human resources MBA
- Supply chain logistics management MBA
- Information security MBA
Student with a business background may complete this program in 18 months, but students with a non-business background can complete it in 24 months. Required classes include:
- Business Process Integration
- Information Resources and Industry Analysis
- Accounting Aspects of Business Policy Determination
- Management and Organizational Behavior
- Business and Public Policy
- Business Analytics
- Advanced Managerial Economics
- Financial Management
- Marketing Management
- Strategic Management
#5 Florida Tech Online
Florida Tech Online now offers an online MBA, and the university is currently ranked as a Tier 1 Best National University by US News and World Report. The degree also is ranked as one of the best buys in education by Barron’s, and the university is ranked as one of the best universities in the southeast by Princeton Review.
Online students can complete this degree in two years, and learn a strong core in vital business topics including managerial economics, financial management and organizational behavior. Students will work on a business plan that ranges from doing a case study to doing a balanced budget for a real world organization. Students also learn how to handle and lead organizational change.
- Accounting and finance
- Healthcare management
- Information technology
- Project management
- Information technology management
Core classes include:
- Essentials of Business Development 1
- Essentials of Business Development 2
- Managerial Economics
- Managerial Accounting
- Financial Management
- Organizational Behavior
- Marketing Management
- Strategic Management
#6 Lynn University
At Lynn University, you can earn a fully online MBA with no GMAT requirement. Depending upon your background, this degree program can be completed in as little as one year. It is currently ranked as one of the premier online MBAs in the state according to South Florida Business Journal and US News and World Report.
This program offers some unusual specializations, such as:
- Financial Valuation and Investment Management
- Entrepreneurial Management
- Hospitality Management
- HR Management
- International Business
- Media Management
- Aviation Management
Lynn University has experienced growth in recent years, but it still strives to remain a small university where students receive a high level of individual attention. There are only a total of 2400 undergraduate students and 600 graduate students, with each online MBA class limited in size.
- Five Reasons to Get Your MBA Online. (2016). Retrieved from https://www.princetonreview.com/business-school-advice/online-mba/five-reasons-to-get-your-mba-online