Purdue University is a public school that was established in 1869. It currently is ranked as the 56th best national university by US News and World Report for 2018. Its Krannert School of Management currently is ranked the 50th best business school, according to US News.
Executive MBA can be completed in as little as 19 months
The Krannert School of Management offers an executive MBA program that can be completed partially online. This program has been offering learning opportunities for skilled, seasoned business executives for more than 30 years.
Students are able to finish their EMBA while they stay employed full time, and only need to attend in person classes one or two weeks each quarter. This is a program that offers experienced executives online convenience with the power of in-person networking and learning.
Each quarter, there are one or two week residencies that offer students the chance to work with teachers and colleagues in a way that provides the most professional and educational benefit.
The mixture of online and in-person classes can be completed full time in only 19 months. The weekend and full time MBAs can be completed in as few as 21 months. It is beneficial that these degrees can in the best circumstances be completed in fewer than two years. Most of the students in these programs are working at least part time.
Krannert Network alumni support is highly regarded
Thousands of Krannert School of Management graduates are active in the alumni program. Students can choose to join the Krannert Network during their time at the university, and continue to be part of the alumni group after they leave.
The alumni organization has thousands of graduates spread all over the country and globe who are an excellent career and personal resource for current students and recent graduates.
Krannert School of Management is accredited by the AACSB
The AACSB offers a highly respected, internationally recognized accreditation standard for business and accounting programs. The MBA programs offered by the Krannert School of Management are AACSB-accredited. So you may be confident that your business degree is rigorous and will be highly regarded by your potential employers after you graduate.
The Economist ranks EMBA program highly for salary increase
The Economist in spring 2015 ranked the EMBA program at Purdue University #12 in terms of the percentage increases on the pre-EMBA salary after graduation.
Given the fact that the entire EMBA program costs $80,000, it is important that the program has the potential of significantly increasing the student’s salary after they graduate.
The Economist also ranks the executive MBA program as #43 in the US. One thing that is especially of note: According to this publication, all of the full time faculty teaching in the EMBA program have a Ph.D.
It also notes that the program is ranked #15 in the country in terms of student to faculty ratio. The program also is ranked #10 in EMBA programs in terms of work experience for students, with an average of 12 years.
The Economist also states that the faculty is rated 4.53 out of 5 by current students, and 4.54 out of 5 for teaching quality.
Least Favorite Features
No full online MBA program offered
Purdue University does offer a partially online, executive MBA program, but at this time, there is no fully online regular MBA program. Students who want to earn an MBA without many years of experience have to take either the full time or weekend MBA program.
This is not as convenient as some competitor programs where the regular MBA can be taken mostly or even entirely online.
GMAT or GRE scores are required for admission
Applicants for the regular or weekend MBA must submit either GMAT or GRE scores. More schools today are not requiring that students submit standardized test scores.
However, the EMBA program does have a GMAT waiver option. The admissions committee states that it will waive the requirement for EMBA students who have ‘substantial work experience’ or prior graduate education.
MBA program is not ranked by US News and World Report
There is limited information available about the MBA programs at Purdue University through US News and World Report. The business school is ranked #50, but there is no ranking for the MBA programs.
- Founded in 1869
- University type: Public
- Application deadline: Rolling
- Application fee: $50
- Term Schedule: Semester
- Location: Lafayette, IN
- Student-faculty ratio: 12:1
- Overall acceptance rate: 56%
- Executive MBA: $80,000 flat fee
- Other MBA programs: in state $11,209 per semester; out of state $21,902
- Full time MBA, weekend MBA, executive MBA
- Students are from 22 countries for 2017
- Average work experience for full time MBA students is 5.5 years
- 35% women are in the full time MBA program
- Finance Management
- Human Resource Mangement
- Operations Management
- Marketing Management
- Healthcare Management
Graduation and Retention Rates
- Overall graduation rate within four years is 46.5%, which is above average.
- Overall graduation rate within 150% of the expected time is 75.3%, which is above average.
- 7% of students did not graduate within 150% of the expected time, usually because they dropped out.
- Retention rate for freshmen in 2016 was 91.6%, which is excellent.
US News Rankings
- National universities: 56
- Best colleges for veterans: 24
- Best value schools: 74
- High school counselor rankings: 39
- Most innovative schools: 12
- Top public schools: 18
- Operations management: 5
- Supply chain management: 10
- Choosing Best Online MBA Degree Programs
- Online MBA Degrees Without the GMAT
- Business Degree Salary Best Bets
- Why Are MBA Grads in Higher Demand?
- 100+ Highest Paid Business Degrees
- 5 Awesome Entry Level MBA Degree Jobs
- 8 Best Entry Level Business & Analyst Jobs
- Best Business Jobs with a Bachelor’s Degree